I was sick this entire week and only took Tuesday off to rest. Even then, I was responding to work emails all day.
Despite having coughing fits at 4:30am this morning that lasted for an hour or so (my poor sleep-deprived husband), I actually feel pretty good today. I’m sure it has something to do with the fact that it’s Friday and should be a lighter day at work.
A couple things that made my week:
- this book. I finished it in 2 sittings and started rereading it last night because I enjoyed it so much. I was on the fence on whether or not to buy it for the longest time and I’m so glad I did.
- bubble baths. I took 2 this week. It was the only time my nose stopped running.
- family dinner. My mom and aunt came to visit us yesterday to see our studio and have dinner. I had cancelled our plans in the morning because I was feeling awful. But by late afternoon I was feeling a lot better so I asked if they were still free. Luckily, they were!
- this show. For keeping us entertained on date night. We usually go out for date night but had to stay in this week thanks to my cold. It work out for the best though because we are finally caught up and these last few episodes were good ones.
- freesias. I stopped by Trader Joe’s last night and decided to pick up a bouquet of freesias for our apartment. Every time I decorate my home with flowers, I wonder why I don’t do it more often. At $6 a bouquet, it’s such an inexpensive way to beautify any space – our bathroom, for instance (see photograph above).